UN Global Compact
Paharpur Business Centre & Software Technology Incubator Park is a signatory to United Nations Global Compact & Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEP), a voluntary corporate citizenship initiative, and supports and advances its nine principles within its sphere of influence. The principles of UN Global Compact address Human Rights, Labour Rights and Environment.
Former Secretary General Kofi A Annan asked world business to "embrace and enact" the Global Compact. The nine principles are:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights within their sphere of influence
- Businesses should make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor
- The effective abolition of child labor
- Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies